Public Relations Marketing & Scoring Free Publicity!
Ever wonder how your competitors are getting featured in popular magazines, newspapers, websites and even TV shows and movies? It's not just dumb luck. Getting those placements takes some effort and some know-how. If you're a DIY kind of entrepreneur and you just need to know how to make it happen, look no further.
Sure, you could hire a publicist. You'll pay tens of thousands of dollars for their help and just be one client on a roster of many. They probably won't guarantee you any press, but they'll take your hard-earned money for just the chance to maybe get some publicity. While some publicists can certainly deliver value, there are no assurances. Why take the risk when you can be your own publicist?
If you want to start scoring free publicity on your own, Scoring Publicity For Your Small Business was written for you. This DIY guide takes you through every step of the process, training you to use public relations marketing like an expert.
Here's what's included:
- How to build and organize a custom media list. A list of my favorite FREE tools for finding the perfect media outlets for YOUR business and how to use them.
- How to build the ultimate calendar for your publicity efforts.
- How to design a press page for your website that delights your media contacts
- How to craft the perfect pitch email
- Tips on building relationships with the media
- Tips on troubleshooting some of the most common PR problems, including bad press, failed pitches and sample requests
- How to get your products into TV, movies and the hands of celebrities
- Over 20 different free and inexpensive MUST-HAVE resources for the DIY publicist
- 5 different sample pitch letters that have successfully scored placements! So you can see what a real live pitch looks like and model your own after it.
- Free evaluation sheet, listing 6 suggested criteria for determining whether a media outlet belongs on your press list.
- Sample publicity calendar
- Press list template, including examples of how to organize and store information about your media contacts
- Written by a creative entrepreneur for creative entrepreneurs. I'm no armchair philosopher when it comes to scoring free publicity. My partner and I score dozens of high profile placements for our own clothing company every year. We've gotten press from outlets such as iVillage, Gizmodo, The Baltimore Sun, Animal Planet, Discovery, MSNBC, Bust, Nerve, People, Nickelondeon, Slash Film, Style Magazine and many others! Our tees have also been worn on The Daily Show, and popular network sitcoms such as Fox's Raising Hope and ABC's Modern Family. (See my press page for a list of the dozens of high profile media palcements I've scored for my own company.)
- I attribute much of the growth and success of my own company to our public relations marketing. Our company has racked up thousands of dollars in sales from media placements and scored increased brand awareness and countless new fans from these efforts.
- Establishing your brand with the press is a valuable tool for landing wholesale accounts. Stores want to carry brands that are featured in the media. Getting publicity for your brand will give you an edge over your competitors when it comes time to sell your line to stores.
- The easy-to-digest, skimmable writing format you've come to know and love on Smaller Box. Each section of the book is broken out with headlines and bullet points, so making your way through the book is a breeze.
- Instant delivery via email. Read the book on your computer, iPad, or other mobile device and start your marketing plan today!
- Although I've touched on many of the topics in Scoring Publicity For Your Small Business in Smaller Box posts, there are many more details and tips included in Scoring Publicity For Your Small Business. These are details and tips I have not and will not share on the blog because they were simply too hard-won to give away for free. I've shared my absolute most valued and top-secret resources and tips ONLY in Scoring Publicity For Your Small Business and private coaching sessions.
"Meredith has an AMAZING new e-book out on getting publicity for your business. Iíve been using it to craft my own PR strategy and itís proving invaluable."
- Megan Auman, Craft MBA, Megan Auman
"A must-have e-book package...If you want to learn how to increase your visibility and score FREE publicity, then Meredithís e-book package is for you! Top notch content is what you expect from Meredith and that is exactly what you will get."
- Timothy Adam, Handmadeology, Timothy Adam Designs
"If youíre ever wondered the best ways to score publicity for your small business, youíll want to add ebook to your reading list!"
- Megan, Create Hype
Disclaimer: While I've outlined every step of the process I've used to successfully score free publicity for my own company, I cannot guarantee your results will be the same. I strongly believe these tips will make you a better publicist for your brand, but seeing positive results depend on many factors which are beyond my control. The closer you follow the steps described in this tool, the more likely you are to see good results. Please consider purchase carefully before ordering, all sales are final.