Harness the Power of Google Analytics Tracking
Chances are you didn't start your business because you're a techie who enjoys pouring over statistics and graphs. If you've ever felt confused or overwhelmed trying to make sense of Google Analytics, help has finally come. "Harnessing Google Analytics" breaks Google Analytics down step-by-step in an easy-to-understand, user-friendly format.
What makes this book different:
Check out this list of 21 important questions
you'll be able to answer with the help of this book.
- The easy-to-digest, skimmable writing format you've come to know and love on Smaller Box. Each section of the book is broken out with headlines and bullet points, so making your way through the book is a breeze.
- Instant delivery via email. Read the book on your computer, ipad, or other mobile device and start taking control of Google Analytics today!
What readers say:"Before reading Meredith’s book, Google Analytics represented the most confusing thing in the world that I knew I HAD to understand to truly propel my business into success. I’d had it installed for almost 2 years but beyond looking at the main line graph and the pretty colored map, I did nothing with it. It intimidated me with all of its buttons and code. Thankfully, Meredith’s book embraced my fear. Her chapters are full of screenshots, highlighted code, and helpful tips for each step of the analysis." - Create Hype
What's in the book:
- Step-by-step guide to setting up your account, includes
- Creating your account and installing your tracking code
- How to set up goals and why they are useful
- How to set up ecommerce tracking (includes tips on how to get set up on popular shopping carts like Yahoo Stores, Shopify, Volusion, 3DCart, Mal's and more.)
- In depth explanation of the "keywords" portion of Google Analytics, with tips on how to use this data to:
- Improve your SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Improve your Adwords campaigns
- Get new product ideas
- Test the strength of your brand
- Super-easy directions on how to measure your brand's strength and growth using Google Analytics, includes step-by-step guide to use "Advanced Segments" and explains how you can benefit from them.
- Finally, know what percentage of your sales comes from advertisements, SEO, online editorial coverage, branding, etc.
- In depth explanation of the "referrers" portion of Google Analytics, with tips on how to use this data to improve your marketing and link building.
- Understand your website's overall affinity. Finally, know the answers to:
- Am I getting return visits?
- Do people like my content?
- Is my site user-friendly enough?
- What and where on my site are people clicking?
- How does my site compare to other sites like it?
- Tips on what to do with pages with high and low views.
- Step-by-step guide to track things you aren't tracking today like PDF downloads and clicks on your Facebook "like" button.
- Got shopping cart abandonment woes? See where in the checkout process customers are disappearing so you can fix the leaks.
- Step-by-step instructions on how to read your Ecommerce reports. Use Google Analytics for an immediate look at
- Number of orders you've received
- Average order value
- Top sources of revenue
- Number of visits it takes before a customer places an order
- Number of days it takes before a customer places an order
- A no-nonsense explanation of how to make Google Analytics part of your overall marketing plan. We'll dive into how to do reporting on cost, sales, revenue, and transactions. Finally, know exactly how much you spend to earn $1.00.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER FOR ETSY, ARTFIRE, ETC.:
This book will be most effective for people who have their own websites. If you depend entirely on a service like Artfire or Etsy to sell online, many of the cool stuff this book can teach you to do won't work for you. The reason is that in order to make Google Analytics work to it's fullest potential, you need access to your website's source code. If you sell on Artfire, Etsy, etc. you can't access this so you won't be able to implement some of Google Analytic's most useful functionality. I have written many articles here about why you should have your own website, harnessing Google Analytics effectively is just one more reason. If you need others, check out my rants on reputation management, re-marketing, SEO, losing sales, secondary conversions, affiliate programs and my personal reasons for having my own website.
Please consider purchase carefully before ordering, all sales are final.